You have the power to enact a single law. What would it be?
I get giddy with excitement whenever I am asked tis question, but then I go into a tizzy when I can't decide which of my “oh so important” hypothetical laws I would put into play. Some of my favorites that didn't make the cut this time??
1. No screaming children in grocery or clothing stores. Not because I mind that the kids are upset, but because I think it's ridiculous for selfish punks who drag these poor babies around for hours shopping and then expect them to behave when you want to browse the bread aisle for 45 minutes or try on the fifth pair of pants. Get a babysitter or be mindful of your child's need to be a child, and make your shopping excursions brief.
2. People who do not move out of the path of emergency vehicle will be denied emergency treatment if they call 911. Yeah, I don't think that one would go over well at all. I think it would work, but I don't know that people would go for it.
3. Neighbors found parking in front of my house when you have a perfectly good driveway will have their car towed into their driveway, at their own expense.
4. Drivers found parked in the crosshatch of the handicapped parking area shall be given a reason to park in the disabled parking stall ;). That might sound harsh but when I saw a gentleman unable to get his wheelchair into his van because some jerk had blocked the crosshatch so he could “run in the store real quick” I grew rather annoyed.
5. Anyone who burns microwave popcorn shall never be allowed to cook it again. I would be included in this after I almost set the break room at work on fire whilst burning popcorn. I just think that is one smell the world can do without.
Those are the five that almost made the cut, but not quite. All well founded (not really) but a little extreme. The number one law I would love to see enacted would be…. Drumroll please 🙂
Everybody is required to stop trying to make laws up, mind your own business and just be happy, and Erika Lynn that includes you 😉
I haven't red many other posts today, but I will add a few more links later, hopefully 😦